Re: E85 gasoline in a TR6

To: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Subject: Re: E85 gasoline in a TR6
From: Rob Pennington <robp@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 04:11:22 -0400
Dick,

I live in corn country (central Illinois) and E85 is 85% ethanol,
which is a good combination from a local viewpoint.  I hadn't heard
about the possibility of aluminum bits not liking it but was
wondering more about the rubber bits, such as the diaphragm in the
carbs and the fuel pump.

I like your suggestion of dropping the bits in glass jar and will try
that before I experiment on the car.

Hmmmm.   The other crop that grows here is soybeans, I wonder about
biodiesel in a TR6....

Rob