Re: oil cooler

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Subject: Re: oil cooler
From: Bill <william.mcintire@wright.edu>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 15:00:33 -0500
Vance and the Grouppe
You got my curiosity up about filters also. Googled and found this site:

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy.html

It has, to me, a fairly decent report on a bunch of filters. Appears the
answer to the pressure relief/ anti-drain back valve is...some do, some
don't. Probably should look at what we're running and see what it has
inside.

Oil coolers.....Run a thermostat in the line so you don't attempt to
cool 30 deg F oil, but other than that, what's it gonna hurt. Typical
thermostats open around 180 F and circulate ~10% of the oil through the
cooler at all times to eliminate potential air bubbles when it opens.
If  the oil doesn't get that hot, well, you got a neat lookin fly
catcher and if it does become that hot you have a viscosity index
improver - or somethin like that.

Bill   '70 6