Re: [6pack] Proper starting rpm

To: Stephen Lindquist <lindquistse@gmail.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Proper starting rpm
From: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 07:36:12 GMT
Steve---If you have a good, steady spark from the coil wire to ground, then
things are probably OK from the points to the coil neg. If you can't get spark
to the plug wires, then the rotor is suspect. Or something in the cap area.

The no-start could be timing related, but you should still be seeing spark from
the plug wires. Approx. 12 flashes during five seconds of cranking, per wire.

My best guess for crankshaft rpm when using the starter motor would be around
150 rpm. A lot depends on how much drag is from motor parts, compression,  oil
viscosity and the like.

Dick