[6pack] Something New (74 TR6)

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "6 Pack list"
Subject: [6pack] Something New (74 TR6)
From: "Stuart Thompson" <stuartt@tlthompson.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 11:35:10 -0600
Fellow List Mates:

This past Saturday I was driving home from my favorite mechanic after just
having had a new master cylinder installed.  All seemed well until I get ready
to enter the freeway. Suddenly I noticed a loud winding sound in 3rd gear.
I shift into 4th and the sound went away.

I drove for approximately 25 miles before getting off the freeway. It wasn't
until
I got another 2 or 3 miles down the road when the noisy 3rd gear reappeared.
The closer I got to home the louder it became.

I've never had this problem before and have not yet checked the oil level in
the
tranny because I couldn't get the fill plug loose. The car is now sitting up
on
jack stands in my garage.

I'm sure this sounds familiar to some of you so please give me the bad news.

Stuart Thompson
http://www.triumphowners.com/1069