[6pack] TR5 and TR250

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] TR5 and TR250
From: John Cyganowski <janah@att.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 05:27:17 -0800 (PST)
In my humble opinion, the emmissions thing is a fable that was published a
long time ago and has become accepted fact.  First, in 1967 there was no EPA.
EPA was begun in 1970 under President Nixon. Car emmisson standards (the
little that they had) came under the Department of Health Education and
Welfare (HEW). Oh for the days when government was not so bloated.

I think the PI system needed altitude compensation in the US. This would have
cost more. But I don't think the PI system could not be tuned. That is what
fuel injection is all about - delivering the right amount of fuel at the right
time.

The issue was sales.  McWilliam nixed anything he thought would be a
distraction to sales. The home market was small. The home market had troubles
with the PI system, but the number of cars produced for that market was small,
so the problems were managable. The North American Market by comparison was
huge. McWilliams just did not want those issues. He was right.

John Cyg.