Re: [6pack] TR5 and TR250

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR5 and TR250
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 14:12:29 -0600
Yes, I understand what you said.  My point is that there were Federal
standards imposed on exhaust emissions and they were achieved by
detuning,  It may have been possible to achieve the standards by
detuning a PI system, but they might have ended up with an 80 hp car.  I
don't know the answer to that.  Granted the standards were nothing like
they are today, but the technology wasn't there either.