[6pack] TR5 and TR250

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] TR5 and TR250
From: John Cyganowski <janah@att.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 11:36:19 -0800 (PST)
I did not say there were not any emissions regulations in 1968.  What I said
was that there was no EPA until 1970 and what federal regulations there were,
came under HEW. I did not think about California regulations, but they were
there and Cal. was a major market for Triumph.

I think the claim that Triumph NA passed on the PI system because they could
not get it to meet emmission standards is the "fable".  If you can do it with
carburators, it can certainly be done with PI.  Would it have cost more?
Perhaps. I contend the real reason is that mechanical fuel injection was fussy
and the real issue was concern over endless service issues and complaints
leading to a bad reputation and deflated sales.

John Cyg