RE: MGB vs. Alpine

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGB vs. Alpine
From: "Chris Stephenson" <cs_tscg@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 15:47:43 -0500
Geez guys let Rick have his MG. The one thing that lowers my opinion of
fellow auto aficionado is giving someone a hard time about his or her
automotive preferences. I once went to a meet at Chateau Elan in GA with my
dad and brother. My dad and I had our Sunbeams and my brother had his MG. We
all parked in the Sunbeam section so we could be together. One of the
Sunbeam guys really gave my brother a hard time about having his MG in with
Sunbeams. I really felt ashamed to be in a group with people who acted this
way. We all have our cars for various reasons and we are all proud of them.
I think we should focus on the fact that we are preserving a little piece of
automotive history with whatever marque we choose to drive. I hope Rick
continues to participate with our group because I am sure he has some
excellent tips from his time as an Alpine owner that we can all benefit
from.

Off my soap box.

Chris Stephenson
cs_tscg@bellsouth.net