Oil pressure

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil pressure
From: Steven Graham <sjgraham@bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 16:35:22 +1000
Hi all,

Finally started the motor, really concerned, oil pressure shows 18-23 lbs.
Motor is 1725 fully rebuilt by a professional who asembled the basic
engine/head. I fitted the ancilleries including a brand new oil pump. I have
changed the oil gauge to a new one, still low reading. I have removed the oil
pressure valve below the filter, seems ok. I have noted on the list that Rootes
had a tech fix to replace the valve with one from a 1600 and there is also a
tech article for converting the valve to a adjustable one.

Help please, am quite worried that an expensive rebuid could be damaged.

Thanks,
Steve Graham