Re: Oil pressure

To: jgross@econolite.com, jservaites@woh.rr.com
Subject: Re: Oil pressure
From: JACranwell@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 07:42:20 EDT
Apart from the already mentioned obvious candidates, such as the brass feeds
to the rocker shaft, and timing chain, I think Jan has come up with a serious
contender in the gaskets for the oil filter adapters.

In fact there are 2 gaskets on the SV, one for oil cooler adapter, and one
for the filter adapter. I'm pretty sure the gaskets are identical.

Apart from the unlikely event that they have been inverted, if either were
breached, or faulty, it could allow oil pressure to leech between the chambers
in the adapter body, thus bypassing the bypass valve, and reducing pressure.
They are only around 1/8 inch wide in places.

Given this engine appears to have had all the right stuff, including new oil
pump etc, it is well worth a look in that area.

Julian.