RE: Oil pressure

To: "jumpinjan" <jservaites@woh.rr.com>
Subject: RE: Oil pressure
From: "Jarrid Gross" <jgross@econolite.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 15:23:02 -0700
Jan,

Every Rootes head Ive ever seen has a brass gooseneck with a very loose fitting
to the rocker shafts.

The rocker shafts themselves have a machined inverted conical surface that
begs to have an o-ring betwicksed the gooseneck and the shafts, so you dont
need to cut anything, just put some high temp orings in and you are done.

I had a sudden and measureable drop in idle oil pressure some years back
and pulling the rocker cover revealed much of the rocker oil supply
was bleeding out of split rubber seals at the gooseneck.  I figured the
seals were an improvisation to what should have been there.

$1, a trip to pep-boys and 20 minutes to pull the towers resulted in
a gain of 7 PSI at idle (19 from 12).

Ever since this, I have always put o-rings on the towers stock or not...

Jarrid Gross