RE: Image Awareness

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>,
Subject: RE: Image Awareness
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 10:12:50 -0800
Mark J. Andy writes...

>(Not trying to rip on women drivers, I'm just ripping on the whole idea
>that female racers are so dramatically different from male racers that
>they can't compete and require their own series.  How about we have a
>series for people who're over 200 lbs too?)

Here we go again.

Lynn St. James started this series. I'm hoping you've heard of her.
Perhaps you could ask her about her strange logic. Being a woman in a
nearly male dominated sport, I'm sure she could give you some
interesting answers.

I read her bio somewhere. I don't remember all the facts, but there was
a period, not too long ago, when women weren't even allowed in the pits.

If you're really concerned that drivers over 200lbs deserve extra help,
if you've got the dream and the intestinal fortitude, why not start a
series of your own? Obviously, with all the positive press the Women's
Global GT Series is receiving, there are many people who think this is a
good idea.

later,
Katie