RE: Autocross Timing/Scoring Software (and hardware?)

To: "'Mark J. Andy'" <marka@telerama.com>,
Subject: RE: Autocross Timing/Scoring Software (and hardware?)
From: Alan Pozner <AlanP@identicard.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 16:23:24 -0400
There is a "box" that already does this. Its the TAG CP-505. Its just a very
accurate, triggerable clock. When a timing light is broken its sends the
time of day and the trigger number down the wire to the serial port. I use
this unit in my system and let the computer decide which car its assigned to
etc etc. Seems to work pretty well. It's battery operated ( 4AA last a
minimum of 18 hours; although for divisionals I was replacing them between
heats ) and is rated very accurate at any normal temp and humidity ( I don't
have the numbers in front of me here ) It also has a built-in heater for
those winter Ice auto crosses ( TAG Heuer designed the thing for ski racing
)

Regards,
Alan Pozner