Re: Autocross Timing/Scoring Software (and hardware?)

To: "Glen E. Thompson" <glen.thompson@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Autocross Timing/Scoring Software (and hardware?)
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 06:51:52 -0500
Glen E. Thompson wrote:
> Why not set a standard that all autocrosses are timed to 1/100 of a
> second.  Regardless of how accurate the timing system, any digits less
> significant than .01 will be disregarded.  Yes - we'll start having more
> ties but is it all that bad?  I've mentioned that idea to others and
> gotten mixed opinions.  What do the rest of you think?

Not sure, but there would then be 3 and 4 way ties in DS.  I guess I
would rather know I lost by .001 than to be called a tie.  It think the
accuracy we time to also tells something about what kind of competition
this is.  But what I really have gotten out of this thread is that I in
fact could have beaten D.F. for third place in '98 based on timer
error.  Hey Dave, I say let's call it a tie!  :)

PLW