Re: C4 Vette

To: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Subject: Re: C4 Vette
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 17:14:45 -0400
Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com wrote:

> Maybe I'm just a little cranky today...

That's OK. I use Midol myself.

> Paul - there are plenty of Vette guys who made waves in SS this year.  It may
> not be the best car, but it is damn competitive.  I personally think that the
> new C5 hardtop could be the fastest car in SS.  Do you have any idea how many
> 3rd gen RX-7 TT there are out there?  A crap load.  Should we make a stock
>class
> for those when the new crop of SS cars start dominating?

We were talking about the C4 not the C5 (which is about to BoB the C4
out of any meaningful discussion - not that it should...).

> How many freakin' stock classes can we have?

I dunno. How many freakin' stock classes do we need?

> PROVE to me that we will GROW the sport instead of shift participation levels
> and I would support ANY marque class.  It just won't happen.  Didn't happen
>with
> karters, didn't happen with Sport Truck, and it didn't happen yet with ST.

Whether you want to believe it or not, moving the RX7 to SS decimated
the Corvette attendance. Check the numbers for yourself.

Paul Foster