RE: C4 Vette

To: Autocross List <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: C4 Vette
From: David Teague <david.teague@wcom.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 08:49:35 -0400
        I guess alot of us dont see the problem with the c4 vette not being
competitive, there are a lot of uncompetive cars,  for instace the Del Sol I
drive is not the greatest car for ES, the Del Sol has a national club, so
should we create a Del Sol class just for us cause it will supposidly bring
in more people... probably not (all tough alot of us would love to be in
ST).
        If a vette class is created this is what I think would happen, first
alot
of the top vette drivers would run it, there by leaving SS to the RX7TT's,
to me it looks like the c4's are pretty are still pretty darn comeptitive
its not like they anyone driving a RX7 will beat any pour soul who has a
corvette, I mean my Del Sol is pretty competitive locally ,  but I think not
mattter how great a drive I am I would get shreded in Nationals, by a Celica
GT, or even and ST :), but I probably am going to come any way and try my
damndest to win. With all the top Vette Drivers in the Vette Class, then
even if new peoeple showed up they probably still would get beat badly , and
it still would not draw new people into the sport.. and then we'd be talking
about sticking the RX7's in a ASP or sumtin... :)

David Teague
1994 Del Sol Si
(who also has beat a few neons... but not at nationals..)