Re: C4 Vette

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: C4 Vette
From: JAC73@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 16:47:24 -0400
On Wed, 06 Oct 1999 14:39:15 -0400, Paul Foster said thusly:

>> >sport by providing classes for _all_ sports car owners to enjoy?

<Jay Mitchell reply about SS, BSP, BP, EM being available to C4 Corvettes
snipped>

>I guess the key word is 'enjoy'. I can't imagine REJ(0) enjoys SS these
>days but I may be wrong...

Roger and I were talking about the "fun factor" on the grid at the Pro Finale
this year, where we were both near the back of P3, and his words of wisdom were
to the effect of "I'm finding that the farther back I am on the grid, the more
fun I seem to have."  Whether that carries over to SS, or for that matter if
that is more of a reflection of how Roger's workload has kept him from the heavy
competition schedule he's run in years past and thus a weekend racing is back to
being recreation rather than a job, I don't know.

I know he'd love to be up front, like we all do, but he at least appeared to be
having fun.  Ultimately, that's what this little sport is all about.  If it was
a job, it certainly doesn't pay well enough for most of us to do it.

Jim Crider
ESP #65 1999 Mustang Cobra (yes, it's got "the fix" now, and yes, "the fix" is
noticably better than before)
jac73@daimlerchrysler.com