Re: Rules question

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rules question
From: bruce haden <bhaden@ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 08:18:06 -0700

>And, does section 15.2 C mean that I can't run tubes from the cage forward
>to the strut towers?  I'm not sure how to read "Firewalls may be replaced,
>modified, or notched for installing headers, carburetors, electrical
>lines, and fluid carrying lines."  Can I only modify the firewall for
>those items or can I modify it for the cage as well?

This is not being anal at all; it's called "reading the rules" . I am
constantly amazed at how many people don't do it. Congratulations
not only reading them but asking good questions.

My only input is on the "cage-thru-firewall" issue. If in doubt, run the
tubes on either side of the firewall directly at each other and weld each of
them to the firewall with a load plate (1/8" ?). This would work as well as
a full length tube and doesn't "modify" the firewall. Granted, this is a PITA,
but if the rules don't allow the easy way out it might be an alternative.