Winners and Losers

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Winners and Losers
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 12:06:44 -0400
Rocket J sez:

<<<Now let's see if I've got this right: San Francisco has huge events,
therefore it has the best drivers? The average NEDiv event is rather
small
(New England Region perhaps being the exception, but still Soooo much
smaller than San Francisco) and therefore does not produce great
drivers.

Have I got that right?>>>

I'd say that is basically true.

<<<Heh, heh, well San Francisco has to suck wind behind its smaller
NPDiv neighbor Northwest Region this year!  SF had 24 trophy winners, 3
champions. Northwest had 25 trophy winners, six champions.>>>

I'd say that is a statistical fluke. I remember one year ('88?) where
SFR had nearly 20 _winners_ out of an attendance of perhaps 40 drivers.
Le'ts see any other region beat that!

<<<Poor ol' New England only had 13 trophy winners -- but just as many
champions as San Francisco.>>>

You are comparing apples and apples which is usually a good thing. But
the whole point was apples and oranges, e.g. how many trophyers came
from Alaska? Not fair? OK, let's see a breakdown of winners vs. size of
region. I bet you will see a correlation to size...