Re: Winners and Losers

To: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Subject: Re: Winners and Losers
From: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 09:17:19 -0700
According to Rocky's record book, on pg. 1, the list for Most Championships -
Region (not including 1999): reads:
San Francisco
1. 16 in 1984 (won 29 trophies altogether)
2   15 in 1983 (won 38 trophies altogether)
3. 14 in 1987 (won 36 trophies altogehter)
     14 in 1981 (won 28 trophies altogether)
5 13 in 1986  (won 31 trophies altogether)
6. 11 in 1992 (won 31 trophies altogether)
     11 in 1989 (won 31 trophies altogether)
etc., etc. (parenthesis is info from page 3 showing most trophy winners by
region)
    You'll note that 1988 was not even on this list!! A bad year, I guess
    This was during the period of time when we ran almost all of our events
either at the Alameda County Fairgrounds here in Pleasanton, CA, or at Golden
Gate Fields, in Albany, CA, both central  Bay Area locations.
    We lost both sites, which besides other factors, probably contributed to our
"slide," besides the fact that everyone else is catching up...of course.
    --Pat Kelly