Mounting 5-point harness in a '99 Miata

To: <miata@realbig.com>, "Autox List" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mounting 5-point harness in a '99 Miata
From: "William Schenker" <schenker@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 09:34:35 -0700
Some advice please,

I want to mount my new 5-point harness in my '99 Miata, while still keeping
the original belts - any tips?  I plan on using bolt end mounting brackets
(1/2" hole w/ a slot to pass the webbing thru.) to secure the lap belts, and
loop arounds for the shoulder harnesses.

I notice that on the pass. side, the left belt mounts to the body/side sill,
but the right side attaches at the seat - is it O.K. to use this seat
attachment?

Also, in mounting the sub strap; drill 7/16" hole through floor pan, put
back-up plat on underside of car, attach w/ bolt (again using bolt end
mounting bracket) and seal w/ (?)  to keep moisture out and prevent rusting?

TIA

Soon to be snug.

Bill Schenker
Cal Club #36 csp