Re: Type R Replacement (now some autocross content)

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Subject: Re: Type R Replacement (now some autocross content)
From: Mark R Jahnke <mjahnke@shrike.depaul.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 09:07:04 -0500 (CDT)
I agree here!  Who's to say it's some rice boy that stole this car?  It
could have been some gear hear that is pissed off because they got smoked
at the last even by this car.  You just never know.

Generalizing saying that anyone who has a coffee can exhaust is a riceboy
is just wrong.  I am in toe Import scene, and have been since I started
driving 10 years ago.  I have never owned anything but a Honda, 6 in
counting.

As far as coffee can exhausts go, sometimes you just don't have a lot of
choices.  Most exhaust manufacturers throw on a 4" tip because that has
been the big craze in the import scene for the last God knows how many
years.

I on the other hand do not have a 4" exhaust tip, because Mugen doesn't
put huge cans on the end of their exhausts.  However, if there were a
company that made a better exhaust that was proven, I would probably buy
that exhaust, even if it did have a huge tip on.

Sure, there are a lot of riceboys out there, but there are also a lot of
us import guys that are not into the rice scene.

Don't generalize me, or anyone else you don't know because of the fact
that we drive imports.  I love imports, but my car is far from riced out!

Mark R. Jahnke
mjahnke@shrike.depaul.edu
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/2997/
ICQ:  30406993
1998 Acura Integra TYPE R #1098 Supercharged TU #923
1996 Honda Accord EX V6 (Daily Driver as of 09/30/99)

"When you tried to tell me
 The one for me was you,
 I was in your mattress back in 1982"  -"Cake"