Re: Type R Replacement (now some autocross content)

To: "'alan.chapman@wwgsolutions.com'" <alan.chapman@wwgsolutions.com>
Subject: Re: Type R Replacement (now some autocross content)
From: Robert Glover <rob@f-body.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 07:50:37 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, Mark J. Andy wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Jim & Marilyn Rohn wrote:
> > >A customer of ours has had his Type-R Integra stolen and stripped, and the
> > >car will probably total.
> >
> > and we can assume that some "rice-boy/girls" were responsible for the theft
> > thinking these are too kool based on all the publicity they have gotten in
> > the "coffee can exhaust" car magazines
> >
> > aren't these the same people the SCCA is trying to court with the street
> > squirrel classes?
>
> And aren't you just another one of those damn motorheads that are too dumb
> to do anything else?
>
> You're statement above is offensive to me even though I'm not (and
> probably won't ever be) a ricer.  How dare you label an entire group of
> people as theives based on one car being stolen?  Just because their
> passion for cars expresses itself in a different way than yours doesn't
> make 'em bad people.
>
> What a shitty thing to say.

What do you call a stereotype that's 100% accurate?

I can think of more than one occaison when the "ricers" were kicked out of
local dragstrips for starting fights and bringing weapons.

I can also think of more than one occaison when local cops have had to go
after "ricers" also ending up in brawls when hanging out at local street
scenes.

It's amazing the trouble this group of people can get into.  It's an even
bigger dick-waving contest with them than it is between the American
Muscle crowd.

Maybe the truth hurts.

Rob