Re: no dishes allowed at my condo

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: no dishes allowed at my condo
From: Randy Walters <RandyWal@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 06:48:06 -0700
Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@execpc.com> wrote:

>"So why was Katie watching E Street Prepared Novice?  :^)"
>Perhaps because, like soooo many of us frustrated auto sport fans,
>Speedvision isn't available to her!!!  Arrrrgh!!!
>Sorry, I feel better now.  Especially since my buddy just passed along
>his Runoffs tapes this afternoon.  Is there some sort of support group
>for us SV'less folks?  Or is team.net it? :)
>- --
>Jeff "no dishes allowed at my condo" Cashmore :(

 Jeff and others,

 The FCC has laws that basically forbids Condo Associations and/or
local governments from banning DSS dishes !   You have the right
to mount a DSS dish to your condo,  and here's some websites with
the information you need to confront your association.  A few of my
friends have done just that and now have DSS dishes on their condo.
I originally gleaned the information from the BMW mailing lists,  which
is full of lawyers.  Many of the BMW listers also now have DSS dishes
at their condos and townhomes.   Apparently many associations know
about this but continued to ban the dishes until they were confronted
with the FCC regulations regarding them.  Go Git Em !

http://www.directv.com/overview/overviewpages/0,1098,71,00..html#rules

http://www.directv.com/overview/overviewpages/0,1098,71,00..html#inside

http://www.fcc.gov

http://www.fcc.gov/csb/facts/otard.html