Re: wheel question

To: Mike Healy <mapman1138@interaccess.com>
Subject: Re: wheel question
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 12:15:39 -0500
Mike Healy wrote:
> Autox related content: I've run at a total of 4 events over the last year.
> All of them have been at a Kart track. This weekend I'm trying a
> "cone-field" for the first time. I am apprehensive, to say the least. Any
> advice? Or should I just resign myself to getting lost a few times?

Walk, walk, walk.  Get it in your head.  I usually try to remember the
course in sections, which can help.  Additionally, one of the best
tricks I have found is to pick out and "see" only those cones that are
critical to your line. Usually entry, apex, and exit.  The rest of the
cones simply so not matter.  It helps you ignore the rest of the "sea".

Good luck, and let us know what your thoughts are.  We are faced with a
boatload of new generation autocrossers in the Twin Cities that have
*never* seen a parking lot event.  (They ran a track type setting like
you.)  We may have to indoctrinate a bunch of folks to this "new" type
of autocrossing next season, and I am curious as to what your thoughts
are after your first experience with one.  Have fun!!