Re: Wheel question

To: mapman1138@interaccess.com
Subject: Re: Wheel question
From: David K Yeung <dkyeung@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 17:19:06 -0500
On Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:22:47 -0500 "Mapman at Work"
<mapman1138@interaccess.com> writes:
>Does anybody have experience with wheel reconditioners?
>Can a well and truly bent rim be fixed well enough to be used on course
again?

I tried to have a 5-spoke factory wheel reconditioned but was told if
there are cracks near the spokes, the repair cannot be guaranteed so they
wil not do the work.  Instead, they sold me a reconditioned wheel for
about $165 ($100 for recondition plus $65 for core) that has a lifetime
warranty on construction and finish.  Unfortunately I cannot relate the
performance/durability of the reconditioned wheel to autocross since I
traded the entire set for a different set of wheels.

Dave Yeung
Houston Region