Re: help w/ shipping wheel/tires

To: "Mike Neary" <zoomie@qis.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: help w/ shipping wheel/tires
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 21:56:10 -0500
>I need to ship 4 wheels with tires mounted and was wondering if
>anyone could offer some good advice on the best way to
>accomplish this.  I know when I get my tires they are usually
>bound together in twos, but have no idea if this is the way to do
>tires on rims.  Also, air in or out?

Send the tires on the rims singly.  Or, if you are worried about appearance
scratches, bind two of them together face to face so that the outside of the
wheel is in.  That way other packages in the truck cannot rub on them.  Use
a normal air pressure, say 30psi.  They won't explode on an airplane.

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro (FOR SALE), Saturn SL2, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/