Re: Secrets of Solo Racing book: A worthwhile investment?

To: Crooke John <crooke_john@bah.com>
Subject: Re: Secrets of Solo Racing book: A worthwhile investment?
From: Robert Glover <rob@f-body.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 13:56:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Crooke John wrote:

> Secrets of Solo Racing, by Henry Watts, has been on a list of
> publications that I put together when I wrote the Autocross FAQ a few
> years ago.
>
> http://www.sfrscca.com/solo2/faq/
>
> I have never read the book myself, and since I just found it on sale at
> www.barnesandnoble.com, I wondered if it was really worth buying. At the
> price listed on the site ($11.96 + $3.95 S&H), it's not that much of a
> risk. Price at Amazon.com: $11.96 + $3.00 S&H
>
> Who has read it, and would you really recommend it?

I have this book.  I haven't finished reading it yet, but I've liked what
I have read so far.  I would say it's a worth $15, especially to a newbie
who may have no other way to learn.  While not all of it may apply to Solo
II, there is a lot of good information in the book.  I just haven't had
the time to read all of it.

Rob