For Sale: 89 Mazda RX7 GTUs

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: For Sale: 89 Mazda RX7 GTUs
From: "Glen E. Thompson" <glen.thompson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 23:08:43 -0500
For Sale

1989 Mazda RX-7 GTUs

Black exterior, black/gray interior
5 speed manual
105k miles
A/C
Power steering
Power mirrors
Limited slip differential, 4.3 ratio
VIN JM1FC3314K0703109

Extras
Stock rims (16x7) with BFG G-Force - 2 new, 2 at 50%
Fittapaldi rims (16x7) with Yokohama Avid V4s at 50% tread
Mini-receiver trailer hitch
5 point harness for driver
Sony CDX-4180 AM/FM/CD with removable faceplate
Factory workshop manual
Road & Track issue with review of the car (if I can find it)

$5,500

This is the sport version of the RX-7 with a number of performance parts
off the turbo but with a normally aspirated engine.  This car has been
garaged since I've owned it (Oct 93).  It is in excellent shape both
cosmetically and mechanically.  It was repainted three years ago and the
seats recovered two years ago.  This car has been the C stock champion in
the Blue Ridge Region SCCA for the past 4 years.  At one out of town
autocross I had two other competitors come up and check out the car after
my first runs since they couldn't believe that a 2nd generation RX-7 was
beating them. Once they learned it was a GTUs they knew it was
competitive.

>From 1993 until 1998, this car was my daily driver as well as an autocross
car.  Most of the mileage is from a daily commute of 23 miles each way of
almost no stops.  Routine maintenance has been religiously performed as I
needed a reliable car as well as a competitive autocross car.  The oil was
always changed at 3,000 miles or 6 months.  All other fluids changed every
2 years or 30k miles.  Redline has been used in the transmission and
differential.  Clutch & pressure plate replaced Sept 99.

The GTUs is hard to find.  Finding one in this kind of shape is even
rarer.  Don't let the opportunity pass you by.

Contact:
Glen E. Thompson
540-774-3172
glen.thompson@worldnet.att.net