Re: dominant cars in "new" HS?

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: dominant cars in "new" HS?
From: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@execpc.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 1999 23:02:08 -0600
There are quite a few cars that may be competitive in HS, some of them
quite affordable.  Remember to get the curb weights when you're
comparing them, (didn't I hear about a book that listed facts on many of
the modern imports?).  For instance, the Ford Contour 4 cyl sounds good,
but might be to heavy.  FWIW, I've tried the V6 Chevy S10 with lowered
suspension.  The numbers look like a GS car but you just can't get the
power down.  It wasn't a lot of fun and, like most beemers, tipsy.  Look
for Blume to win in his Civic next year, or Hearne if the Honda doesn't
make it through tech. :)

"In the end, I don't know what is best.  Whatever you do, try your best
to do it right because there are many others out there who will."

I don't know, it'll be interesting to see how many people actually come
out for the 'new' HS.  It does throw the door wide open to a lot of
different cars but I don't know how many drivers will flock to them.

"I thought Cashmore was going to FS?"

Believe it or not, the FS fad may have come and gone already, at least
with the current car.  The 91 Formula isn't living up to expectations
for a couple of reasons.  Mostly the lack of ABS, neg camber and ugly
gearing in the automatic.  Geez says I'm getting good ratings and peak
values (same as Alek's) but the times aren't there.  Jim Crawford and I
swapped cars for fun runs at the last event just to be sure and it
proved it wasn't just me.  Not sure what direction to go after I get rid
of it.  Anybody with a LS1 motored FS car need a co-driver? :)

Jeff "wishing Daddio and Preibe would make up their minds so I know what
class NOT to pick next year" Cashmore :)