Re: Where is everybody?

To: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Subject: Re: Where is everybody?
From: "Larry R. Metz" <lrmetz@home.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 1999 18:18:56 -0500
Back in the good old days, mid 70's we would solo all year around in
Indiana.  I can remember the days of standing in the slow rain with
temperatures in the 30-40's, or days we had to shovel off the course,
and raced between the snow piles.....Now, I refuse to run in a warm
summer rain.  But those days we drove real street cars, not open wheels
or lowered raced prepared that needs special conditions.

I am a real mini fan.  I had a Austin 850, but sold it for $150 when I
went back to college in the 60's.  I got a '72 Honda 600 sedan, and ran
it for several years at local events, cause I could not get a real
mini.  The Honda was not competitive in the emerging SCCA classing, so I
moved up to a Civic, then a TR-4, then Saab sports racer, then a Saab
formula C, then the vee that I still have, along with the TR-4 that I
never let go.  If any one complains about classing problems, my history
has always been the next year my new car is moved and killed as
competitive.  I guess that is racing....ex.  Saab sports racer a killer
for the mod class, then all sports racers combined, Formula Saab
potential, then all formula cars combined....etc.  I always seem to buy
just a year late.

Got to study for my next class

Larry