Re: Scoring System

To: "Don Miller" <turbospl311@yahoo.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Scoring System
From: "Joe Goeke" <buttheat@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 15:39:10 -0800
The only thing I would like to see change a bit is with extreme weather
inequalities.  I've seen more than one NT and Nationals determined before
you even take your first run.  This is the case where your class starts it's
first runs in the dry.  Sometime into the first runs, it starts raining to
the point it is wet.  All of the cars that have not driven are already 3 to
4 seconds back.

The solution I see, is in this situation, is the chief of timing or such,
makes a call that it has gotten wet (kidda like Howard declaring a rain day
at the Pro's), and at that point the classes that are affected, continue to
finish running there first runs, which are then thrown out, and those
classes then start over.

Pros:  This way everyone affected get's a "look" at the course.  Only the
classes affected get to start over so minimal time is added.  Everyone is in
a much closer "boat".  Sure it can then start to dry out, but the difference
between runs is much closer in this situation than the prior one.

Con:  It would add time to the event.  I wouldn't want the job of calling
the "rain day" ;-).

---JCG