RE: Scoring System

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Scoring System
From: Joshua L Locklear <joshlocklear@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 12:57:53 -0500
>A posssible way is to do it like some of the
>motorcycle groups. Add the two days and the lowest
>point total wins. It rewards consistency but a person
>who has coneitis on day 1 could really jump on day 2.
>Just another possibility. I personally lie what
>someone suggested earlier in the day about buyinmg
>cone insurance. Yes, I'd like 20 cones worth!

This is similar to the way that cross-country running is scored, adding
the placings of the top 5 runners on a team to determine the team's
score, and lowest score wins.  This system definitely rewards
consistency... I think it's a great idea.  Also, this cross-country-type
system would open the door for TEAM AUTOCROSS!!!  Yes, everybody could
break up into teams of 7 and the top 5 placers rankings would be added to
determine the team's score.  Just like cross country, lowest score wins.
In the case of a tie after 5 places, the 6th place is taken into account.
 All classes could team up and the PAX index could be used... this would
be an awesome event!!!  Think of the possibilities... there could be
teams by make (3 Civics, 2 CRX's and 2 Type R's against 3 Mustangs, 3
Probe GT's and a new Cougar) or just teams by model (7 Neons vs 7
Miatas).  I think this would be a lot of fun and it could bring people
together.  Let me know what you think...

Josh Locklear, Mechanical-Engineer-In-Training
Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
joshlocklear@juno.com
Ohio Valley Region (when I'm home) #7CS 1984 RX-7, purchased in running
condition for a mere $200