Re: Type R in GS

To: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>
Subject: Re: Type R in GS
From: barbara.leroy-boehme@conexant.com
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 09:43:38 -0800
Jamie Sculerati said:
That's the problem -- everyone's looking at a single year to make their
comparisons.
And..
I saw no evidence of a mid-pack driver or backmarker getting
the car-of-the-moment and overwhelming the front-runners.

Only because most of the front runners were either wise enough to get into the
car-of-the-moment or get out of the class.  Some of us are slow, but we
eventually get there.

I've been trying to stay out of this discussion mostly because I had a vested
interested in seeing that the Type_R remained in GS at least through Nationals
this year, but since that is not longer the case, I feel compelled to speak up,
since this thread has risen, yet again.

I'm probably one of the few people that can say I personally drove the Type-R
and an MX-6 during the length of the same season and I can tell you, that wasn't
by choice.  After one event in the Type-R it was painfully obvious to me that
the MX-6 was no longer going to be even remotely competitive in the class.  I
begged, borrowed and bought Type-R rides every opportunity I had.
Unfortunately, in cases like the Pro in Wendover I couldn't get another ride and
was forced to drive my own car.

The data to support the fact that the Type-R is dominant in the class is there,
should anyone care to look that deeply for it, which I doubt, unfortunately,
that anyone will actually do.

My advise to all the MX-6, Probe, and Camaro owners that want to compete
nationally is this, "If you can't beat em, join em" or "buy something else".  I
did both. 8-)

Barb
94 Mazda Miata R
93 Mazda MX-6 (For Sale)