Re: 2000 Tour/Pro schedule

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2000 Tour/Pro schedule
From: "Timothy S. Dennison" <neonracr@warwick.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 08:08:39 -0500
Looks like the Northeast pretty much gets the shaft on this schedule. 1999
was my first year in the SCCA.  If their plan this year was to draw
newcomers to the program, it worked on me.  The 1999 ProSolo format was
great for newcomers like myself.  The National series (at least in DS) was
a great way for a newbie to get involved and be competitive.  With the
likes of Daddio, Leverone, Zoner & such in the ProSeries, I actually had a
chance at some success.  Next year's format & schedule, however, make me
think twice about buying a ProSolo license.

In 1999, I was able to go attend Virginia (9 hour drive) and Harrisburg (4
hour drive), Not too bad.  The 2000 schedule has the closest event in Peru
about 14 hours away, which is not a bad drive.  The second closest is Ft.
Meyers at 24 hours away.  For me, this is farther than Topeka.  I'm one of
the lucky NEDiv drivers, I live in New York.  Those coming from Mass & NH
can add 3-4 hours onto their drives.

I realize thet I am opening myself up to some flames by those who are
"geographically challenged", but think of the concentration of drivers in
the northeast.   If the SCCA will require two events in order to qualify
for the Finale, they would do us NE drivers a favor by adding a
Mid-Atlantic or Northeast ProSolo to the schedule.

Sorry about the bitchin', but I bet I'm not the only one thinking this.

Tim Dennison