Re: Co-Driver Arrangements

To: "TeamDotNet" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Co-Driver Arrangements
From: "Steve Ashcraft" <ashcraft2@home.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 22:20:20 -0500
This is probably as interesting as asking someone how much money they
make;-)  I shared a car with someone for a while one season.  This was a
case where we were (and still are) good friends and the other driver felt
confident that I would treat his car like it was my own. Also he wanted me
to drive the car just so he'd have a bench mark to look at. (He usually
beats me but wanted to see by how much)  Anyway, we had a an understanding
that if someone bad happened I would step up to plate and help out.  That
part was really fuzzy but we are friends.  In addition, I gave him $50/event
to drive the car just to cover tires and a little wear and tear.  I think I
got the best of the deal but I'd be willing to do the same for him if the
roles were reversed.  Now if this was just a business arrangement then all
bets are off.  I'd also like to hear any other "stories" about this subject.

Steve