Re: New thoughts on Roll cages in SP or SM

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New thoughts on Roll cages in SP or SM
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 10:05:57 -0500

"Thompson, Adrian (A.L.)" <athomps9@visteon.com>

Adrian, you're a pain in the ass, did you know that? :)

> SP say's any allowable mod in stock and SM say's any allowable mod in stock
> or SP OK?

> Now, Stock say's you can prepare a vehicle to either the stock reg's OR
> Showroom stock reg's.  Showroom stock allows weld in roll cages etc.  So can
> you have a weld in roll cage (with all other SS requirements)  claim that's
> stock legal (which it is) then go on to use the rest of the SP or SM legal
> changes?

As I read the rules, you can:

in Stock class, run either the Showroom Stock rules or the Solo rules
in Street Prepared, run either the IT rules or the Solo rules

Nowhere do I see the allowence that a car that might have started out life as a
Showrooom Stock car (running in Stock) could then move to Street Prepared, keep
all its Showroom Stock goodies, and then build a Solo Street Prepared car (using
the Solo rules) on top of that framework.

So if SM has a problem here, so does SP.

However, I can add a clause to the SM rules that exclude cars built to SS/IT
specs easily enough.

DG