Re: What would YOU buy?

To: Josh Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>, "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What would YOU buy?
From: "Arie Villasol" <avillasol@primo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 14:59:42 -0800
I'd have to say buy an MGB! You get a really fun sports car which you can
make ultra competitive and still have $$$ left to spend on other things. And
there is a certain camaraderie with other MG owners (esp. on the road) that
I don't think is prevelant with other marques, regardless of where you live
in the country.

As for reliability, if you have a well-built engine than B's are pretty
reliable (just avoid large water puddles!). With my current engine (which my
dad Art rebuilt in 1990), I drove from Phoenix to Wisconsin and back (91),
car was not used much between 91-94, stored for 94-96, basic maintainence
done on it in'96 prior to driving it to SF from Phoenix, drove from SF to
Topeka (1997 Nationals, 27/40 in DSP) and back, burned a valve at 4th event
after Nats, repaired it and have continued to race it in our off-season
series. And it is currently my daily driver too.

I believe it will be a killer car for the NEW ESP (or FSP, or whatever they
decide to name it). AND I believe Don Roberts in Phoenix still has his FOR
SALE, correct me if I'm wrong Don or Sharon. And I can honestly say that
Don's black MGB is truly an awesome car! MGB all the way!

-Arie Villasol
'68 MGB (part-time autoxer)
'72 Komush Capri (full-timer)