Re: STS Tires - best way!!!

Subject: Re: STS Tires - best way!!!
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 08:20:32 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Roger Johnson wrote:
> -Keep STS as a local-only class.  No National participation.
> -Switch all of the STS drivers/cars to STR. (Not good!)
> -Spec Tire.  One tire, from one manufacturer.  Done with decent
>         success in Club Racing.
> -Spec Vendor.

Spec Vendor with a list of approved tires sounds like a pretty good idea
to me.  I suspect it'd be hard to get a spec tire rule to work as much
because of fitment issues as anything else (what "I wanna run street
tires" competitor with a neon is gonna wanna buy new rims so they can run
G-Force KD's for instance?).  Tire Rack is the obvious choice for spec
vendor.

> Actually, Team Net has done a good job with this topic - 10
> days ago, there were only 2 options on the 'solution' list.
>
> Gotta trust me on this - if Dennis is the resident Subject Matter Expert
> on ECU's, I'm gonna claim SME for tires.  Any arguments?

No arguments.

Mark