RE: STS Tires - best way!!!

To: "Brian Berryhill" <brianberryhill@flashmail.com>,
Subject: RE: STS Tires - best way!!!
From: "Bill Fuhrmann" <bfuhrman@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 05:42:45 -0600
> How does club racing keep Spec tires from having cheaters?

There is no reason for a tire maker to cheat.

> I assume there's some way the whole tire manufacture, shipping to
> reseller,
> sale, and shipping to customer can be controlled to make sure
> that a "Spec"
> tire is a true Spec tire.

Not needed

The reason that a tire maker would want to cheat (without spec tires) is to
get their tire listed as being on the winning cars.

With a spec tire, going through a lot of effort and cost to help a few
people cheat gets them nothing.  They will still have their tires on all the
cars.