RE: [RE: ...woo-hoo]

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [RE: ...woo-hoo]
From: CJ Bienert <rallyfan555@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 19:19:06 -0800 (PST)
You folks who are talking about environmentalists
being bad for motorsports are absolutely right.  Just
think of what would happen if we were forced to
abandon our internal combustion engines for so-called
"alternative fuel" and "hybrid" drive systems.  Racing
and autocrossing as we know it would die a slow and
painfull death...

Then again...I suppose I could take the old chemical
batteries out of my eight year old hybrid fuel cell
car and replace them with some of those racing
capacitors that Neuspeed has been selling.  That would
lighten the car up by at least 250 lbs.  Then I could
replace the power cables to the AC induction motor
with heavier gauge low resistance competition cables.
All that would be left would be to remap the energy
management chip to allow me to run the fuel cell at
max output while I'm waiting in line to make my next
run.  If the motor can take the load, I should be able
to put 320 hp and 385 lb-ft to the front wheels for a
little over 70 seconds.  Tell me, can I do all this
and still run street prepared?

-CJ

http://shopping.yahoo.com/