Re: Street Mod exclusions, was: What's wrong with this picture?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Street Mod exclusions, was: What's wrong with this picture?
From: "msmith2" <msmith2@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 21:31:00 -0500
 > I'd agree with the 944 T being a possible overdog, but then so is a M3
 > with
 > a charger or the others you mentioned. I think that the P-cars should be
 > allowed and then see if it would overpower. I think it would be an
 > appropriate match for your car, and 300 ZX, etc. Restricting a car
because
 > "one" thinks that it will be fast, isn't giving due diligence.
 >
 > Matt Murray

 Of course... That's not the SCCA way. The SCCA way is to let someone built
the thing, spend $thousands to do so, and THEN kick 'em out.

 Perhaps some background behind SM decisions is in order... Think common.
Then, think common denominator. What single set of cars could you attract
that would yeild the highest participation? Porsches? I think not.

 There is only ONE SM class. If you had to create ONE Stock class, for
everyone, what cars would you allow/disallow in order to get you the highest
participation possible? I'd bet that Porsches wouldn't be in there...... I'd
also bet that none of the loudest complainers would step up to such a job.

 Let SM work out their own classing issues, once the class is fully
established, there will be more than one. THEN, we can all argue about what
cars belong in which SM class.......

 Mike CP58