Re: Street Mod exclusions, was: What's wrong with this picture?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Street Mod exclusions, was: What's wrong with this picture?
From: "Matt Murray" <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 21:47:01 -0500
I think I disagree. :^) If the P-car (and Vette crew) knew of the SM perhaps
they too would have come to play. The marquee clubs have been somewhat
alienated over the years so their focus is not on SCCA but with their clubs.
I can't blame them. The whole reason this thread started was that a PCA
member on the Porsche list (over 40,000 members total, with about 10, 000 or
so on the 944 list, and nearly double that on the 911 list) <
http://www.rennlist.com > wanted to be included (BTW, he lurks [or used to]
be on this list). Since SM has been somewhat liberal in their structures,
surely letting a P-car come play shouldn't be verboten. If you look at the
944 list, they go on about tuning their cars as much as the SM folks do.
They (the 944 crew) have cars that are a good "vehicle" (pun intended) for
modifications.
Matt Murray

mattm@optonline.net

For the ultimate Rally book and information,
go to http://www.goss.com/rally.htm
and type in "MU01" for a ten percent discount.