RE: magnetic numbers

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: magnetic numbers
From: Tom Tweed <ttweed@san.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 06:17:47 -0800
Stolz, Ken" <StolzK@mso.umt.edu> wrote:

>Where does one find out what stickers are required for the Tour and ProSolo?

I just ran the SD National Tour event yesterday and they required the small
SCCA Solo2 and Tire Rack National Tour/Pro Solo stickers on each side of
the car, and the big TireRack.com banner on the windshield or front of the
car. If you're running for contingency support then your sponsor stickers
have to be mounted per their requirements.

Ironically, it is illegal in California to mount a windshield banner, and
at least one of the competitors was pulled over by the CHP  while driving
in Carlsbad, according to info at the driver's meeting.  To be 100% legal,
the windshield banner must be removed for street driving and replaced each
day at the track.  I drove home with mine last night and am going back this
morning with it on (15 miles of freeway driving), but I was ticketed last
year for one.

HTH,
TT
Tom Tweed          mailto:tweedt@ucsd.edu
La Jolla, CA            or ttweed@san.rr.com
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left."