RE: magnetic numbers

To: "'David Hedderick'" <davebs14@yahoo.com>, Brad Cox <COXB@tmfhs.org>,
Subject: RE: magnetic numbers
From: Chris Eckles <MRoadster@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:25:31 -0500
Gee, this is turning into a long thread. . .  At a recent PCA event in
Atlanta, one guy's numbers kept falling off during the run.  The last time
I ran his numbers back to him, he said that he had used sheets of magnetic
material that ran through his laser or ink jet printer.  Of course, it was
a chilly day, but still - I wouldn't trust the stuff.

Chris Eckles
White M Roadster
Pink and White 1960 Metropolitan Convertible
Atlanta

Arthur,

Yes - we used some 8.5 X 11 magnetic stock (from Staples?) and ran through
our ink jet printer (not sure if it was "approved" for lasers, as they get
much hotter).  But we used it for refrigerator pictures.

It was very thin and I would suspect it to be "less magnetic" than thicker
stock.  We also did not test its waterproofness.

~ Ken Stolz
Missoula, MT
Big Sky Region 38
'01 Subaru Impreza RS - #12 STS