what's going to rule GS in 2001?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: what's going to rule GS in 2001?
From: "Kent Rafferty" <gs96@sgi.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 10:10:12 -0500
In a frenzy of GS test driving, I drove a WRX, Type R,
and Lexus IS300.  My initial impressions are that the
Type R is one Nasty Little Car - very racecar-like
(light, noisy, ferocious in the upper revs, and great
brakes).   The WRX seemed to have higher handling
limits but was dead below 3k.  The Lexus has excellent
torque. On paper, the Lexus and WRX seem to be the
equal of the Type R, but from behind the wheel the Type
R felt like a killer. I know there are other
interesting choices:  the BMW 325IS, the Audi TT, etc.
Does anyone have any early insight into what's going to
rule GS in 2001?

Kent Rafferty