RE: SM/2 a go for 2001

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SM/2 a go for 2001
From: "Brad Cox" <COXB@tmfhs.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 14:54:15 -0600
>>, How about an V8 BMW in a 2002 body, should have more
> HP than anything you could come up with in P and in a light body all legal.
> Also mega $$$$$ if done right.

Also running DOTs.<<

Is it a general rule that slicks are going to be faster than DOT race tires?
If so, how much?

It seems to me that a PAX of .875 may scare away some potential SM2
competitors.  Given the possibilities, the current SM PAX may be kind of light,
but I figured it was because the PAX would be allowed to evolve with the class.
 SM certainly is not blowing away PAXed results right now even though it has
the potential to in the future.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing
happen with SM2, even with a PAX similar to that of SM.  As the cars become
more developed, adjust the PAX index accordingly...IMO.

-brad