Re: SM/2 a go for 2001

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SM/2 a go for 2001
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:32:01 -0500
Matt Murray responded:

> No one said SM/SM2 was perfect. As a 944 Turbo guy, I would hope you'd be
> supportive towards this situation/addition. At least NER is open to
> trying something new, as opposed to sticking our heads in the sand
> (well, snow right now). BTW, so how's SM2 doing down your way?  :^)

As a 944 Turbo PCA club racer kinda guy I am giddy of the thought of not
having to run in EM anymore. But I'd prefer a class where I would have a
chance. Wouldn't anybody?

> Personally, I think the 944 turbo should go to SM, not SM2, since its
> gearing works against the turbo's performance.

I completely agree as I've stated numerous times. I might have even tried
Nationals and we have a mutual acquaintance who would definitely have gone
given the chance.

> So we let things settle out as SM/SM2 continue in an experimental format.

You know me. I'm the vocal asshole who can't or won't shut up. :)

Paul Foster