Re: what's going to rule GS in 2001?

To: "SoloRacer.com" <soloracerdotcom@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: what's going to rule GS in 2001?
From: Bob Monday <boysrus_racing@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 14:17:01 -0800 (PST)
I just bought a Celica GT-S. I've not driven a Type-R, but it would be
hard to beat having a limited slip when you get above 150 hp on the
front wheels.

The GT-S likes running between 6000 and 8000 rpm. 1-2-3 shifts at
redline drop right back to 6000, so I have to think that it would work
the same way in reverse (3-2-1). Seems weird to think about
downshifting if you're BELOW 6000 rpm, though... we'll be rowing that
shifter like it is an oar! I hope it has good synchros (or warranty).

We'll see how it works out. I need to come up with some wheels and
tires, then shocks... Starting over is such a hassle!!!! The Neon is
still my primary ride.

Bob Monday
Boys-R-Us Racing

--- "SoloRacer.com" <soloracerdotcom@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> I'd expect the Type 'R' to beat anything that out
> >> weighs it... oh wait, that's everything else in the
> >> class...
>
> Actually, the Celica GT-S is lighter than the R.  By
> just how much, is questionable, but I've heard 75-100
> lbs.
<snip>