Re: Speedvision/FOX Petition

To: apozner@ptd.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speedvision/FOX Petition
From: "David Shreve" <ls1_1le@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 09:09:14 -0400
>Clearly there are people in America who don't understand capitalism (the
>foundation of our free market economy)

Actually, I have a firm grasp on capitalism and the free market economy
concept.  Enough, in fact, to inform you that if you think we in the US have
a free market economy, you are sadly mistaken.  But that's another
discussion altogether...

>Petitioning will be as effective as prayer on the Titanic. It may make you
>feel better but will not save you.

I won't address your prayer analogy other than to say that quite a few
people DID survive the sinking of the Titanic, and you'd be hard pressed to
convince me that their prayers went unanswered.  But that's a cmpletely
unrelated arguement as well...

If FOX comes to realize that Speedvision has a large, loyal fan base who
will refuse to watch not only NASCARvision, but also not patronize their
sponsors and/or not watch other FOX programming as well, they may take a
long, hard look at their planned bastardization of Speedvision.  If the
petition makes FOX reconsider their actions, whether the outcome of that
process is to keep Speedvision or make NASCARvision, then it has succeeeded.

NOTE:  I am not in any way connected to the petition.  However, in my mind,
it would be a crying shame to lose the coverage of the other foms of
motorsports that Speedvision programming offers.

-dave